recent report conducted by AT&T and the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council. This report found that small business owners that have implemented smart phones and tablets in their daily business activities have gained $67.5 billion a year from this incorporation of mobile technology. The report shows that mobile technology saves businesses money ($32.3 billion dollars annually) and time (1.24 billion hours). Bizness Apps outlines a few more of the perks of mobile technology below:
· Employee productivity: According to the report, small business owners and employees are using their smart phones seven days a week – even in companies that may only be open five days a week.
· The use of smart phones is huge: Small businesses are using smart phones for just about everything, and the numbers are growing. In 2013, the number of small businesses using smart phones was 85%; this year it is 94%.
· More apps are being used: The report recalled that approximately 77% of small businesses are using mobile apps, sometimes three or four at a time. GPS, navigation and map apps were the most popular.
· Companies are also using apps: Many small businesses are using apps for every day functions like planning trips, GPS navigation, remote document access, banking and finance, and more.
· Mobile Banking is the new thing: 34% of small businesses surveyed use mobile banking at least once a week, with only 18% opting out of mobile banking.
· Smart phones aren’t the only device proving helpful: Tablets and other devices that use apps are also saving businesses money. Tablets saved small businesses 754.2 million hours and $19.6 billion a year, and apps themselves have saved businesses 599.6 million hours and $15.6 billion a year.